- Academic Search Complete - A good source for undergraduates; many full-text articles; interdisciplinary, with good coverage of the applied sciences.
- Web of Science - Covers more than 12,000 journals in all subject area. Also includes citations to conference proceedings.
- Annual Reviews Online - Covers topics in biomedical, physical and social sciences.
- Dissertation Abstracts International - Contains more than 1.5 million entries representing the work of authors from more than 1,000 North American and European universities. All subject areas are covered.
- Compendex - Indexes scholarly journals and conferences in all areas of engineering.
- IEEE Xplore - Indexing and full text of IEEE publications.
- INSPEC - Indexes scholarly literature in physics, electronics and electrical and computer engineering.
- SciFinder Scholar - Provides access to the unabridged version of Chemical Abstracts as well as full-text American Chemical Society journals.
- SPIE - SPIE journals and proceedings are core information resources for the subject areas of optics, photonics and imaging. Titles include: Journal of Biomedical Optics, Journal of Electronic Imaging, Optical Engineering
- PubMed - Provides access to MEDLINE plus additional information. For more information on comparing PubMed with other databases, please click here.
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health) Plus with Full Text - Provides authoritative coverage of the literature related to nursing and allied health disciplines. Includes indexing for 3,001 journals with coverage as far back as 1937 and full text coverage for 336 journals.
- BioOne - Provides access to full text of more than 40 peer-reviewed journals and bulletins published by AIBS member societies and other closely related organizations.
- BioMed Central - is an independent publishing house committed to providing immediate open access to peer-reviewed biomedical research
- Public Library of Science (PLoS)- is a world leading provider of freely accessible peer-reviewed online research, just keeps on growing.
Library Catalog - Locate any of eight million items, including books, journals and other materials in the University of Texas Libraries collections.
WorldCat - Provides access to the world's most comprehensive bibliography, with over 49 million bibliographic records for audio-visual materials, books, maps, musical scores, newspapers, and periodicals in 370 languages and covering information from 4,000 years of knowledge.
Example Subject Heading Terms
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Materials
- Computational biology
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Medical instruments and apparatus
- Medical Technology
- Molecular Biology
- Tissue Engineering
If you need further assistance don't hesitate to ask a librarian!
Get Help (Common questions and answers about library services)
- InterLibrary Services will obtain books, article photocopies, and other material not owned by the University of Texas libraries. It is available to UT faculty, staff and students.