Reserve a Chemistry Library Meeting Room
Faculty, staff and students may reserve WEL 2.132H and WEL 2.132J for academic purposes Monday-Friday. (Our other group rooms, 2.132D and 2.132F, are open on a first-come basis for smaller groups.) Fill out this form to make a reservation request and we will confirm by email. Be sure to read and agree to the Room Use Policy below. This process is not automated. Please allow several hours before the booking time for receipt and acknowledgement. Requests received after 5pm or on weekends may not be processed until the next business day.
- Priority goes to:
- Library Staff
- Dept. of Chemistry faculty and staff
- Other College of Natural Sciences faculty and staff
- Students in chemistry
- Reservations may only be for non-class events and meetings. The rooms may not be used for scheduled classes, TA office hours, or tutoring sessions. Consult with the Chairman's office if you need space for these purposes.
- Reservations are limited to 2-hour blocks. Back-to-back "serial" bookings by various individuals in the same group will not be accepted. Department staff needing the room for longer periods should contact the librarian to make special arrangements.
- Recurring reservations may be requested by faculty and staff in the Dept. of Chemistry, and are limited to the end of the current semester. Please contact the librarian directly to make these arrangements. (The Library may occasionally need to pre-empt a recurring reservation for one-time events, but we'll give you advance notice.)
- HOURS: Rooms are available for reserved or walk-in use during times the Library is open, Monday-Friday. [Library Hours] On Sundays the rooms are available for walk-in use on a first-come basis only; no reservations.
- WALK-IN USE: When not reserved, and on Sundays, the rooms will be open for group use on a first-come basis. Individual study is not allowed in the rooms - groups only. Please limit unreserved use to 2 hour maximum. Groups occupying the rooms longer than that may be asked to leave to let others have a turn.
- EQUIPMENT: Use of AV equipment is only for academic purposes: no video games or movies, etc. Remember that the screens are visible outside the rooms. Turn off media equipment when leaving. Device adapters can be checked out at the front desk with a UT ID. Do not touch the controls on the ceiling projector in 2.132J.
- NOISE: The rooms are intended for group activities at ordinary volumes. Please respect others studying in the library by not talking too loudly or playing audio at high volumes. Keep the door closed.
- FOOD & DRINK: The booking group is responsible for removing all trash from the rooms. Do not have food delivered directly to the room. Report spills to the service desk immediately. Please help keep our space clean and inviting.
- Failure to abide by these policies may result in your not being allowed to book again.
- If you need to cancel or change a reservation, please call the library at 512-495-4600.