Welch Hall Construction
The West portion of the 1929 (north) wing of Welch Hall is beginning a renovation that will be completed by fall 2016. Access to the Mallet Library during the construction is from the east/south wing only (Speedway side). Doors into WEL from 24th Street and the alleyway between WEL and PAI will be closed for the duration, as will the 1929 wing restrooms and elevator. Construction noise may be an issue in the library from time to time. The library will be open normal hours throughout the project.
ACS2Go is ACS Publications' new mobile platform that offers readers enhanced features and an improved reading experience optimized for tablets and smartphones. ACS2Go can also be paired to UT-Austin's institutional identity so that you can access full text articles both on and off campus without having to authenticate via our proxy server.
Elsevier's new article sharing policy is a step backwards, according to a number of groups that seek to widen public access to scientific research.
ACS has launched its first fully open access journal, free to read and also free to publish in, with no author processing charges.
RSC has launched a new current awareness database service, merging the now discontinued (but still available) Catalysts and catalysed reactions and Methods in organic synthesis databases into one source, starting with 2015. SRU covers graphical abstracts from a selected group of 35 primary journals. You can browse SRU by date, search by keyword and reaction type, and set up personal searches and email alerts.
Poster Printing now in PCL
The poster printer formerly located in the WEL media lab is now operating in PCL Copier Services, downstairs in PCL. More information
50 Years Ago: Cyclobutadieneiron tricarbonyl synthesis
In early 1965 researchers working under UT chemistry professor Rowland Pettit reported the landmark synthesis of this iron complex of cyclobutadiene, which for the first time was shown to have aromatic properties. It opened a fruitful period of exploration in the quest to create the elusive cyclobutadiene in its free state. (J. Am. Chem. Soc. 87, 1965, 131-2.)
- Cooperative catalysis : designing efficient catalysts for synthesis.
- QD 281 C3 C667 2015 Stacks
- Chromatographic processes : modeling, simulation, and design.
- QD 79 C45 N53 2015 Stacks
- Zinc catalysis : applications to organic synthesis.
- QD 281 C3 Z563 2015 Stacks
- Green chemical engineering : an introduction to catalysis, kinetics, and chemical processes.
- TP 155.2 E58 S84 2015 Stacks
- What you need for the first job, besides the Ph.D. in chemistry.
- QD 1 A447 V.1165 Stacks
- Principles and practice of heterogeneous catalysis. 2nd ed.
- QD 505 T495 2015 Stacks
- Volume properties : liquids, solutions and vapours.
- QD 504 V658 2015 Stacks
- Handbook of crystal growth. 2nd ed., 3 vols.
- QD 921 H32 2015 Stacks
- Purchased with funds from the Skinner Endowment.
- New trends in cross-coupling : theory and applications.
- QD 262 N498 2015 Stacks
- From a grain of salt to the ribosome : the history of crystallography as seen through the lens of the Nobel Prize.
- QD 903 F76 2015 Stacks
- Principles of polymer systems. 6th ed.
- TP 156 P6 R62 2015 Reserves
- Modern alkyne chemistry : catalytic and atom-economic transformations.
- QD 305 H8 M634 2015 Stacks
- Colour chemistry. 2nd ed.
- TP 910 C575 2015 Stacks
- Macrocycles in drug discovery.
- QD 400 M327 2015 Stacks
- Purchased with funds from the Skinner Endowment.
- Multicomponent reactions in organic synthesis.
- QD 262 M7844 2015 Stacks
- International tables for crystallography, vol.D 2nd ed.
- QD 908 I56 v.D 2014 Reference
- Purchased with funds from the Boggs Endowment.
- Greene's protective groups in organic synthesis. 5th ed.
- QD 262 G665 2014 Reference
- Databook of green solvents.
- TP 247.5 W97 2014 Reference
- Surface chemistry of surfactants and polymers.
- QD 549 K943 2014 Stacks
- Modern sample preparation for chromatography.
- QD 79 C4 M653 2015 Stacks
- Analytical chemistry of uranium : environmental, forensic, nuclear, and toxicological applications.
- QD 181 U7 K27 2014 Stacks
- Understanding organometallic reaction mechanisms and catalysis : computational and experimental tools.
- QD 411 U53 2015 Stacks
- Characters in chemistry : a celebration of the humanity of chemistry.
- QD 1 A447 v.1136 Stacks
- Nano- and microtechnology from A-Z.
- T 174.7 S372 2014 Reference
- Iodine chemistry and applications.
- QD 181 I1 K35 2014 Stacks
- Spectrometric identification of organic compounds. 8th ed.
- QD 272 S6 S55 2015 Reserves
- N-heterocyclic carbenes : effective tools for organometallic synthesis.
- QD 305 H7 N448 2014 Stacks
- The Lost elements : the periodic table's shadow side.
- QD 467 F66 2015 Stacks
- Labs on chip : principles, design, and technology.
- QD 54 L33 L33 2015 Stacks
- Reference -- in our Reference Collection (on walls)
- Handbook Table -- in the Reference area.
- Stacks -- in our Book Stacks (after initial period on New Book Shelf)
- Reserves -- ask at the Circulation Desk
- Spectra -- in our Spectra Collection (northeast corner)
see Floor Plan
Information about Library Endowment Funds