Get a Known Article from a Reference
Use our Citation Search Form to enter bibliographic information and see if we have access to the article electronically. If we don't, check the Library Catalog for the print journal.
Literature Discovery Tools
- SciFinder - Chemical Abstracts
- Search the full Chemical Abstracts database back to 1907.
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index)
- Search for papers that cite earlier papers. 1965-present. Tips and more info
- Index to world biomedical literature, 1950-present.
- Analytical Abstracts
- This search tool covers the literature of analytical chemistry since 1980 and is searchable by analyte and matrix as well as by conventional keyword and bibliographic data.
- Google Scholar
- Google's scholarly literature search engine should not be relied upon for comprehensive research, especially when more reliable and authoritative index tools are available. Off-campus UT-Austin users should use this proxied link to have access to licensed full text.
- Translate Chemical Abstracts journal abbreviations into full titles, and vice-versa.
- Gray Literature
- Tools and tips for locating conference papers, meeting abstracts, preprints, and technical reports.
- Historical Chemical Literature
- Tools and tips for locating articles before Chemical Abstracts began in 1907.
- Alerting Services
- Most databases and publishers allow you to set up alerts to keep up with the literature in your field.
- Reference Managers
- Online portals and tools for managing your personal references and PDF libraries.