The study and teaching of chemistry at the University of Texas date to the very founding of the University, and chemistry's important place in the educational mission is made clear in early records.
This site offers an overview of the first half-century of chemical science at UT, from the University's founding in 1883, until the engineering component was split off and transferred to the College of Engineering in 1938.
101 East 21st St.
Austin, TX. 78713
Phone: (512) 495-4250
Connect with UT Libraries
© The University of Texas at Austin 2016 UTDIRECT