The University of Texas

The Campus



Welch north door Chemical endeavors have taken place at a number of sites over the years. In 1892 chemistry became the first academic discipline at the University to have a dedicated permanent building. Fires, odors, and overcrowding were perennial problems. The quest for space is a never-ending one in academe, and the only constant is that there's never enough to go around.

Old Main, 1883-91

Chemical Laboratory, 1892-1926

Chemistry Building (Welch Hall), 1931-present

Chemical Engineering

MAIN LIBRARY

Perry-Castañeda Library
101 East 21st St.
Austin, TX. 78713

Phone: (512) 495-4350

Connect with UT Libraries

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Google Plus Flickr Pinterest YouTube

© The University of Texas at Austin 2016   UTDIRECT