Electronic Media: Power Point & Other Electronic Presentations
The way your presentation looks will have a big effect on your audience. Some basic rules for presentation layout are:
- Leave ample margins. Don’t crowd the page with copy and images.
- Be consistent. Make sure your fonts and font sizes are consistent.
- Make type legible. Making text too big decreases legibility.
- Don’t over-use color. Keep your palette to a minimum of 4-5 colors.
- Use color to accent information, not as decoration.
- Use quality images. Don’t place images in your presentation unless they are important to your message.