SERVICE ALERT (UPDATED): McKinney Engineering Library to Relocate, 10/25
Relocation of the McKinney Engineering Library:
UPDATE (10/25/13): A comprehensive FAQ page has been launched at the McKinney Engineering Library's website: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/engin/faq.html
The McKinney Engineering Library will close at 5 p.m. on Friday October 25, 2013 and will begin transferring its materials, staff, and services to the Perry-Castañeda Library (PCL). Engineering services and collections will remain in PCL until the completion of the Engineering Education and Research Center (EERC), currently scheduled for late 2017.
The Libraries anticipate having relocated materials, staff and services in place and operational no later than Monday, Nov. 4, 2013.
What will change:
- Most services and collections will move to the library's new location on the sixth floor of the PCL. Map: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/about/librarymap/pcl.html
- Reserve materials (such as textbooks) will be available from the Kuehne Physics-Mathematics-Astronomy Library (PMA) in Robert Lee Moore Hall (RLM).
- Some physical resources of the McKinney Library will be unavailable during the move process. Materials may be requested through the online catalog using the Materials Retrieval Service, but some delays will occur. If you have an urgent need for information, consult with Engineering Librarians who can help identify alternate resources or initiate an ILS request.
- For alternate study space see other branch library locations and view this list for access to campus computers: http://www.utexas.edu/its/campus-labs/
What won't change:
- Users can still contact the Engineering librarians through a variety of methods, and may use the following for inquiries, including for PubWest and for library instruction:
- There will be no change in the accessibility of Engineering-specific databases.
- The process for requesting books from storage or other libraries will not change, though users will need to choose another library for pick-up — the most convenient library to the Ernest Cockrell, Jr. Building is PMA (in RLM), but retrieval is available at any of the other nine campus branch library locations.
Article published on October 14, 2013 - 8:52am